Sunday 16 October 2016

Health

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.  As we grow older, our body slow down. Aches and pains began to appear out of nowhere.  After toiling for forty years in the workforce and saving for retirement, are we content to just move from working to living miserably in a nursing home?  

There is a solution. In order to enjoy the retirement years, we need to be mentally and physically prepared.  There is a perception that one needs to be incredibly wealthy to be able to retire. As my previous article ‘ Retirement Analysis’ showed, it does not  take much financially to reach the nirvana stage.  I encourage you to visit projectbiglife.ca and do a self-assessment of your health.  I did it last year and started to change my life by exercising more and paying attention to my diet.  I kept track of my progress using the questionnaire on the website to estimate my health age and probability of developing chronic illness.  


We are also incredibly lucky to be living in Canada as 2 of the healthiest food in the world is grown in abundance right here –oats and barley!   Not only are these grains low in fat and high in fibre and protein, which makes them great substitutes for meat at times, they have also proven to lower cholesterol and risk of Type-2 diabetes.  Yes, they taste bland, but you can be creative and add honey, milk or peanut butter to enhance the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment